Sunday, May 15, 2016

Simple pleasures

I don't know about you, but Spring is always a super busy time for us. Between yard work and getting the garden in, Farmisan Markets, Spring birthdays, end of year school functions, and for us this spring, our redecorating projects, my sons Junior Prom and my daughters first musical in middle school. 
 
Fun stuff keeps you busy. And can wear you out.
 
Needless to say, the last six weeks or so we have been hopping, and I am pretty worn out. So today, now that the events are over and the yard work is about 75%  complete, I decided to spend some time this afternoon enjoying a few simple pleasures and some of the fruits of my labor.
 
like making some fresh ricotta with herbs fresh from my garden and enjoying it with good French bread and tiny tomatoes.
 
 
 
Oh how I miss my herbs during the Winter, so happy to have them flourishing in my backyard planters.

My lavender is looking very pretty, and smelling even better!
 
 
Oh and the peonies, They are here for such a short time, I make sure to enjoy every minute I can with them!
 

 
Oh and the Peaches are early this year! I was so happy to catch the Peach Truck on Friday afternoon! These taste even better than they look! I am still hunting my strawberries, will be hitting the Nashville Farmers market next week for sure.
 
 
Hope you got some time to slow down and enjoy some of life's simple pleasures this weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment