Sunday, June 12, 2016

Paper flowers

I am still trying desperately to break myself out of this sudden bout of summer laziness. It really has me in it's grip right now. Maybe bouts of laziness like this are just your body's way of telling you to slow down and recharge for a bit. I don't know, but I do know the last couple weeks I have been slow. Lay in the pool with a magazine, sit in the shed with a book or lay in bed with an old movie and Pinterest on my iPad kinda slow.
 
Not that I don't do these things when I am in full energy mode, but the last couple weeks, everything has been an effort.
 
And I cannot afford to let this mood linger. I have wholesale orders to work on.
 
One order is for my hydrangea boxes. I love them the way they are, but I also like the idea of mixing things up a bit. Hydrangeas and roses are one of my favorite flower combinations (who am I kidding, all flowers are my favorite flower combinations) but I digress...I love the look of  paper roses made with the yellowed pages of old books. And since I have a couple boxes I need to create for a wholesale order, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try my hand at incorporating them into an arrangement.
 
They turned out to be very simple, and surprisingly fun to make!
 
First things first, a run to Goodwill for an old book that will not tear my heart apart to ruin. I love old books and I was afraid that I would not be able to bring my self to cut one up.  No problem, find a really dumb story and it is not hard to cut them up. Easily found one.
 
Then, sit down with my scissors, and let my daughter teach me how to make them from the tutorial she watched on Pinterest.  I think she is a very good teacher.
 
 
Not only are these fun to make, they are strangely relaxing to make as well.
 
 
I think they would look very cool with a tiny pearl glued into the center.
 
 
And of course the leaves must be from a book as well.
 
Three down, 12 or 13 more to go. Funny, sometimes all it takes is a simple new project to break you out of a lazy slump and get you motivated again.
 
Hope you are enjoying a lovely and productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment