Saturday, October 29, 2016

October Flea Market

Finally, after a ridiculously hot summer, I got to go to the Flea market and not feel like I was going to melt into the pavement.
 
So nice!
 
And I walked out with some new treasures! But maybe it was because I actually looked around and was not just skimming because it was so hot that all I wanted to do was get back into the air conditioning.
 
Heat or no heat, there was no way I would have walked away from this little gem.  Now, the last thing I needed was another ceramic Christmas tree, but this one is just the most perfect size for the kitchen table, it is missing a few lights and needs a new star and to be cleaned up a bit, but I was tickled with it!


 
And my spoon guy was back. Lots to choose from.
 

But a couple I decided I had to keep.

 
I am a sucker for oddly engraved/marked flatware.
 

The lodge? Don't know, but I love it.
 
And this beautiful plate! Bavarian. I spotted it from afar and had to bring it home with me.
 


At first I thought they were pea pods, but as I got closer I could see they were lily of the valley, and I love Lilly of the Valley.
 
 
And this sweet vintage tablecloth for 3.00, a few light stains, but otherwise perfect to use outside.
 
 
And another vintage tray. Smaller, but perfect size to carry snacks out to the she shack!
 
 
 A sweet Fire King fridgie. My fridgie collection is getting pretty large. But darn it, this size is perfect! have used it several times already this week.
 

And last, but certainly not least the green soup mug.
 
 
 
This is the mug that I wanted last month. I stood around and waited for the vendor to show up, and waited and waited until I got totally disgusted (and freaking hot) so I put it down and walked away, just decided to skip it. Well, when I walked around the corner this month and saw their booth  the mug caught my eye right away, there it was just sitting there on the half price table waiting for me to come get it, This time I hunted the vendor down, he was across the way chatting and not paying attention, but it was worth the wait, 3.00!
 
I love these mugs, perfect for soups and chili. Not that I am eating chili right now. October 29th and it was 85 today. Not chili weather.
 
I cannot believe that the next market will be Thanksgiving weekend. Where has this year gone? I have two weeks to finish getting my stock together for the Holiday Show at the community center. Gonna be a very busy couple of weeks! But worth it, I will want some pocket money for that after Thanksgiving market!
 
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment