Friday, October 17, 2014

A picnic at the lake

We have a rule here on Friday nights...I do not cook. 

It's not unusual for us to grab a pizza, Chinese, just something quick as we make our way home on Friday nights, but this summer we started a new tradition. Munchie nights. Its not really cooking, but, assembling.

I grab whatever everyone is in the mood for, usually one of two "menu's" French bread, shrimp cocktail, cheese and fruit, pickles/olives or French bread, ham or sausage, cheese and fruit, pickles/olives. Always simple and easy to throw together and always a favorite in our family.

The weather here in Middle Tennessee today was just gorgeous. Beautiful blue sky, cool breeze and warm temps. And after a week of rain, we all wanted to take advantage of every minute of this glorious day. 

So, I packed up my vintage "picnic set" tossed our munchies in the cooler and off we went to the lake for dinner. We are very fortunate to live less than a ten minute drive from a gorgeous park on one of our local lakes. And tonight was the perfect night for dinner outside.



I love my Normandy Rose Melmac set, I have managed to get a pretty large collection of it. I love using it for our picnics.


My daughter found this perfect chippy vintage metal tray on a Goodwill trip this week. It is a great addition to our set.


I love spending time at the lake. So peaceful.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous!! I love the memories you guys are making as a family. That vintage picnic set is fabulous

    ReplyDelete