Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hammering, Sanding, Cutting, grinding and photographing

It has been a very busy week so far. 

My kids are on fall break and I am making time to do fun things with them in between running to football practice, dance class and getting things ready for my upcoming craft show as well as preparing to head back to work, I swear I don't know where the time is going, but still at the end of each day I am not sure how I managed to get so much done and still have such a messy house.

First the hammering, I have a really good start on my herb markers, they are big sellers in my booth and I am getting a whole new batch ready for the Holiday craft show in November. I have also been working on a new batch of sentiment spoons. I have to admit. I really enjoy hammering out the sentiment spoons and I am always thrilled at how well they sell.


What would I do without Pinterest and all the inspirational quotes found out there!


And the sanding...my precious little chair...is one huge pain in the rear end. Stripping off four layers of paint reminds me why I do not love to refinish furniture, but I am still excited to have it done, although, I may end up going with a dark color to cover some scars as opposed to the creamy vanilla I had envisioned.  Regardless, I know I will love it when it is complete.


The cutting and grinding. With all the hammering I do I make my fair share of mistakes so I decided to cut the handles off the spoons I messed up and turn them into key chains. Handles cut, now I need to finish grinding them until the ends are smooth then bending them around a ring. I hope to have a selection of these complete for the last Farmisan Market of the year coming up next weekend.



And last but certainly not least, photographing, in this case my morning glory's. I have a major crush on morning glory's and can easily lose an hour snapping away, all different angles trying to catch the right light or the bee's wiggling in and out of them. I know it will not be long before a hard freeze takes them away from me until next year and I keep getting swept away trying to capture just how gorgeous they are.


Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment