Monday, September 1, 2014

A thought...

I have been thinking about starting a blog for more than a year now, and now that I have it set up, I have no idea what to do. I was trying to figure out why I am not totally enthusiastic about posting. I mean, I LOVE reading blogs and seeing the pictures of everyone's finds and projects, but I really am not enjoying taking the pictures of each find like I did in the last post.

After giving it some thought, I decided that instead of showing picture after picture of my flea market and thrift store finds, I would instead post pictures of how I use them around the house. This would cover three of my hobbies at once, thrifting, decorating and photography.

So here we go, lets give this a try!

One of "My hobbies" is hammering out vintage silverware and stamping it for plant markers. Although I love them and have them in my own garden, I also sell them at our local craft market each month. I find a lot of my flatware at Goodwill and the monthly Flea Market, I also sometimes score a mixed lot on ebay. It never fails though, that I find some pieces that I just love too much to hammer out and the most recent lot I won last week is no exception. As I sorted through I found nine collector spoons from the 1933 Chicago Worlds fair and one from the 1937 New York world fair, they are so cool, no way I could hammer them out.

Just happens that last week at my favorite indoor Flea Market I found this darling embroidered dish towel. How fitting.

They have now joined the rest of my flatware "orphans" in the vintage marmalade jar that I keep in my kitchen, I just love my little "hoard"


Such a sweet collection, but I suspect I may outgrow the marmalade jar pretty quickly!

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment