Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Vintage pillowcase love

I remember as a kid my mother had a stray embroidered pillowcase in her linen closet that I just loved. I am betting it was probably one she did herself and long ago sent it to the Goodwill, but I never really forgot about it, how sweet the tiny flowers were and thinking about who did the embroidery on in. I guess that is what draws me to vintage anything, the history of the pieces satisfies the romantic in me. So, when I spotted a darling set of vintage embroidered pillowcases at a local thrift shop about a year ago, I snatched them up, little did I realize that they would be the beginning of another one of my collection's.

 
I found this set at my favorite indoor flea market and knew they had to come home with me. I just fell in love with the center rose, and the colors? Made for my bedroom, perfect match.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment